Sharijoy
I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to earn that pay cheque, as I work on a rig site or a Fort Mac construction project, I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem. What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare cheque because I have to pass one to earn it for them...?? Please understand - I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their ass drinking beer & smoking dope. Could you imagine how much money the country would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance cheque...? Please pass this along if you agree or simply delete if you don't. Hope you all will pass it along though, because something has to change in this country, and soon...!

From: Crystal <fiesty849@hotmail.com>

I just received this junk mail...I don't know this person , I do HATE SPAM... but I also think she has a bit of a good point...what are your thoughts??? leave me a comment. I think alcohol though I don't drink that much is sorta pushing the extreme,I do think a drug test would be valid and if there is a history of addiction or an admittance of an addiction than proper help could be implemented. Thats just a quick afternoon thought gotta run._____________________________________________


2 Responses
  1. Lucy Says:

    INteresting post Shari. I completely agree.
    Theres a girl I work with, whos bf, gets a welfare cheque every month, and is an x drug dealer, drinks all the time for fun. But is actually picky on which job he wants to take cause he doesnt like the public, well theres lots of night jobs out there, theres postings everywhere for them. So yes I totally agree with who ever that is, if you have to give them your urine to get the job, you should get your urine checked to see if your more than capable to work.
    Just my thoughts.


  2. BluEyedFool Says:

    I agree also. It ticks me off that my hard earned money helps support those who don't want to help themselves. There is a difference between unable to and don't want to.