Sharijoy
I'm not a great writer like my girlfriends......but reading my friends random thoughts page... about her ted e bear got me to thinking about my child hood and things I missed....
~I miss my mother... I miss the things she did for me out of habit... things I never really paid to much attention to until she was no longer around to do it. I always received an easter lily at Easter, a poinsettia at Christmas (along with an advent calendar and golden chocolate monies) for my birthday I always got my birth flowers.... roses... mostly pink... I miss how'd she gently rub the back of my hand when noone was watching... how she'd make me an eggie in a bowl when I was sick...how she always said " I'm like a mother bear.. pitty the person who gets between me and my cub"...how she looked so fragile and weak... yet she was the strongest women I know...I miss her penmanship...the way she wrote my name as art...how she'd give my hand a little squeeze when she was thinking about me.... how she always told me she loved me.... how she always told eveyone else how wonderful I was.....how she never let me have an afterschool job because she believed my youth was worth enjoying and I had my whole life ahead of me to work... and how now I understand that!! But mostly how she believed in me and was proud of me and stood by me even when she disagreed... I LOVE YOU MOTHER and I am who I am because of you!!
~
Labels: edit post
5 Responses
  1. Jenny Says:

    This post made me cry!!!! Your mother was so proud of you!! She is watching and guiding over you with every step you make. Her spirit was strong and still lives on. You are the person you are because of Helen. Kali will learn about her wonderful grandmother through her mother's examples and teachings! You are an amazing mother and Kali is so lucky to have you as her mom!!!


  2. Sharijoy Says:

    Thanks Jenny... I believe shes watching over us to....I love ya and am so thankful that you are in my life.


  3. BluEyedFool Says:

    Shari,
    What a poignant post about your Mom. From what you've said she sounds like an amazing woman and a woman who raised a wonderful daughter. Your Mom lives on through you and those she touched. You are a continuation of those building blocks,lessons and love she gave you. These will be passed to Kali and to her children. It's hard not having her there to give your hand a squeeze but i'm sure you still feel it.
    Thank you so much for sharing about something so personal and a big hug of love to you.
    Penny


  4. Tanya Says:

    Shari this was a beautiful tribute to your mom. Its so nice that we have memories, thats what keeps us going. Through your memories of her, your daughter will know her too. Take care.


  5. Sharijoy Says:

    Thanks Guys ..... I mean gals!!! xoxo