Sharijoy
I know I live in a small town but this is just CRAZY!!!!! As I have told you Saturday night during my last night shift I started to spot a lil bit..... being concerned... having miscarried before... After work I went to Emerg....NO DOCTOR... so the nurse went and did my BP, O2Sats, I pee peed in a cupThe urine came out still pregnant... which it would cuz I'd still have higher than normal HCG levels but it also came out no blood in my urine.... doctor wouldn't be coming in for well over an hour so I decided to go home and get to bed after being up all night from work!!! So Sunday comes along I get up with Kali go about my day everything seems ok.... go to dinner at Pens and Hals and I'm spotting heavier..... so I phone the emerg Nurse..... she tells me both on call Doctors are in the OR and doesn't know when they will be done .. so I should leave a number to be reached at. I wait a couple of hours then I phone back.....( I have to do this so Pen can watch Kali cuz Dugs on Nights) So I phone back talk to a different Emerg Nurse explain to her... I'm 10 weeks, I've misscarried in the past I'm worried is there a Doctor around..... Nurse says.... both on call Doctors are still in OR and we just asked how long they would be and its at least another two hours.... if you are gonna miscarry ..you are gonna miscarry ...I suggest you go home and rest!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!! so I go home!! today Pen and I decided to go to terrace I needed diapers and so on and so on...so I phone the hospital AGAIN.... nurse says the doctor will be in for 5pm so I think thats great quick trip to Terrace with Pen on the way back Pen can care for Kali and I'll get checked out!!! started discharging a bit more...phoned the hospital again at 5pm.... different nurse says Oh No the doctor was here ALL DAY so he cancelled the 5pm clinic and won't be back here till 10pm tonite!!! I"M PISSED!!!! So I thought forget it I'll go to the Terrace Hospital!! There must of been 20 people in the waiting room..... I was thinking great by the time I get out of here it could be 10 pm.... but I told them what was going on and I was in a room and looked at with in 15mins!!! That would not of happened in Kitimat!!! Long story short ..... I feel I will miscarry..... There are clots now and more blood and the only good news is that my cervix is closed. I will demand an ultrasound tomorrow and an appointment... I wasn't suppose to see him till Weds cuz hes sooooo swamped but I'll be pushing to know what the heck is going on.... if I'll be on bed rest.... if theres a viable pregnancy.... so many questions.... why do I have to fight to find them out??? And can you believe the emerg nurse..... If you miscarry you'll miscarry!!! NICE!! So understanding!!!! I feel there is too much blood loss for me not to miscarry.... but I really hope I am wrong. I did spot with Kali but not nearly as much as I am now!! Everyone keep me in your thoughts and prayers
11 Responses
  1. Lucy Says:

    Sister

    That just sucks, sometimes I wonder about some of the staff at our hospital. Im glad you got looked after in Terrace. As for spotting that totally sucks, but just remember everything will be fine and you are in our prayers, Ill get the girls to pray for you in the morning.
    Stay off your feet and relax.
    Lucy


  2. BluEyedFool Says:

    Keeping you close in thots and sending plenty of prayers. Stick to your guns, throw a hissy, cry and don't take no for an answer. As we talked about yesterday YOU pay for care, they get paid to take care of you and in a way work for all of us! I'm so glad you went to Emerg yesterday. (((Shari))) Luv ya,
    Pen


  3. Tanya Says:

    Shari,
    My heart goes out to you, it really does. Its an awful feeling. I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts as you go through this time. I hope it turns out alright. Take it easy, I know, easier said than done. Take care.


  4. Jenny Says:

    We thought of you last night and said our prayers. Scott was so pissed with the Kitimat hospital, he couldn't believe you'd be treated that way!!
    Take it EASY...don't overdo it!
    Love ya!


  5. Christy Says:

    Hi Shari,

    You don't know me but I check out your blog once and awhile. I am a blogging friend of Jenny's. I just wanted to let you know that I had a friend who had very heavy bleeding for about a month around the same time as you and everything turned out fine and she just had a baby boy! Don't worry, I am sure thing's will be fine!That is crazy the way you were treated! You will be in my prayers!!


  6. BluEyedFool Says:

    I was told this morning the way you were treated is pretty much what they want to force the issue of the bus service to Terrace for medical treatment. I think we need to fight to keep these essential services in Kitimat. For goodness sake we've got a brand new hospital and enough people in Kitimat who need help without having to go to Terrace!


  7. Sharijoy Says:

    Pen I soooooooooooooo agree.... guess they don't value their jobs!!! Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers... just to let you all know I will be miscarring in the next lil bit my ultrasound showed just the sack with nothing in it....I've had a blighted ovum before. lets hope the next one goes okay!!


  8. Jenny Says:

    Hugs and kisses to you my sweet!!!!
    Love ya!


  9. BluEyedFool Says:

    You continue to amaze me with your inner strength and attitude. Hal and I send all of you sincere thoughts and will keep you in our prayers. Big, gentle hugs and much love,
    Pen


  10. Janelle Says:

    i don't know what to say...i am so sorry. i'm thinking of you & praying for you...


  11. Tanya Says:

    I'm very sorry to hear that. You are so strong...and so positive. Thats so hard to be right now, but do what you have to to get yourself through this. If your up to it, I'd like you to check out a poem on my blog. Just click on my January archives and it should be there right at the top. I didn't write it, but its been and encouragement to me over the years. Take care.