Sharijoy
As you all know the count down is on for our huge cross country trip!!! I never get excited untill I'm either on the road or at the destination!! But I can say I am soooooo looking forward to it I think its gonna be an adventure. Hopefully not a Griswald kind of adventure...LOL. Maybe we should rent that before we go so we know what NOT to do!!
I am a lil scarred... I haven't seen my Dad in a very long time. He and I are soooooo close but distance has kept us apart for a number of years. We talk ALL the time and he is all that is left from my childhood memories!!! He is my only family....( I have my mom Viv and brothers which is amazing but it is also different because I wasn't raised by them or lived with them as I did my dad and mom who has since passed) The thing that scares me is I know in my mind how I picture him......but seeing him is going to be devastating...it will make apparent how old he REALLY is and how much he has aged and how lil time he has left. I know all this.. and I'm trying to perpare myself for the changes in his appearance but it also scares me. I don't want to except the fact that this trip may be the last time I get to see my father. I wish money wasn't such an object that we could afford to go there every 6 months or so just to get a great big Daddie hug!! But I have to face the facts that isn't possible and thou I plan on embracing every moment we get to have together....weighing heavily in the back of my mind is the question of " is this it?.. is this going to be the last bit of time I have with him?" For that I am sad.
I will take enough pictures and video to last me and Kali a life time.......she will know him through me and at least there will be photos!!
God has dealt me a pretty good hand I can't complain much.......... I have the best dad in the world, who is also my best friend....I can truly say he is my HERO. Who I am is a younger female version of him. I was always loved and showed love and affection by him. He was never a man who was afraid to show emotion, tears, love, affection or compassion. I have learned a great many thing from him. So thou I can't wait to see him ...it still leaves me scarred!!

My extended family...... Dugs, Mom and Dad are going to come along with us. I think its gonna be a blast!! I can't wait to get to know them even more than I already do. They have taken me as one of there own and it makes me feel welcomed and loved. They may be in for a shock getting to know the REAL me.... they've only spent time with me in small amounts!!! They might be in for it!! I'll try not to jump on there bed too early in the morning when I'm awake and excited!!

Sooooo the final count down is on........we've got a housesitter lined up and the dog taken care of!! its just counting the days till we set out on our family trip!! Looking forward to all the unknowns!!!
6 Responses
  1. Laura Says:

    Sounds like things are coming together for you. Have a great trip! Can't wait to see the pics. Laura


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Hello you Kitimat people


  3. BluEyedFool Says:

    Yay Shari, glad to hear things are coming together for you and understand your worries and concerns in regards to your Dad. You are right though that Kali will know your Dad through you.

    xoxo Pen


  4. BluEyedFool Says:

    **Waves to Gord and Carol!**


  5. Jenny Says:

    Hello papagord!!!! I bet your counting the days to see your baby girl Kali!!


  6. Jenny Says:

    I'm so happy you're going on this wonderful once in a lifetime holiday. I will miss you SOOOOO! much though!!!