Sharijoy
Okay I know not alot of people like CLAMS.....BUT trust me you can't taste it... its an inexpensive meal and YUMMMY!!! But you can change out the Clams for Chicken which is what I'm doing this week!!

Prep time 10mins
cook time 30mins

4-6 servings

Ingredients
2 cans of (6oz) clams, minced or chopped( My family doesn't like the clammy taste so I don't put in all the clams...I put in only 1/2 -3/4 and I chop it put so fine its not funny!!)
1tbsp salad oil
2tbsp butter
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1/2 cup chopped Parsley
3/4 cup dry white or regular strength chicken broth ( I used white wine...ooohhh so yummy)
1 cup whipping cream
1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese
2tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper
Hot cooked pasta
grated parmesan cheese

Preparation
1. Set oil and butter in an 8-10 inch frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and Parsley
2.Cook, stirring for about 10 mins or until onion is wilted, not browned
3.Drain liquid from clams into pan ( or chicken broth) add wine and cream
4.Bring to a boil over medium- high heat. Boil for about 10 mins or until liquid is reduced by 1/4 to half.
5. Cut cream cheese into cubes and add to sauce. Stir until cheese melts and sauce is smoothly blended
6. Stir in clams or pre cooked chicken, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Cook just until hot. Do not boil.
7. Spoon over hot pasta. add parmesan cheese individually.

For Pasta choose spagitti or vermicelli, fettucini or other wide noodles or pasta shell. cook 1lbs dried pasta.....I used egg noodles.9 Make sure you are cooking this while your doing your other stuff!!!!!) Enjoy enjoy enjoy.... ps don't let the extra wine in the bottle go to waste....wished I could of dipped into that bottle!!
1 Response
  1. Jenny Says:

    I'll definately try it with chicken. Sounds superb!!